Report Wednesday 30 April
Participants: 14 kids of the Yellow class
Trainers: Sara, Susanne, Sotar, Ulie, Mara, Benedetta
1) Mouse and cat game
They loved it. The mood was good.
2) Sotar and Ulie made a drama on a difficult situation to talk about:
If they didn’t allow them to go outside, no permission.
The kids wrote on a post-it what they thought about the situation if they were the child (anonymously).
Then we discussed about which thoughts are “helping” and“non-helping”
Question: What do you do to feel better?
Question: Why are you not allowed to go outside the gate?
1. Because it's dangerous out there
2. There are troubles outside
3. Staff is afraid that kids will be tempted to run away (no trust)
4. Annoyed because no permission to go out and play soccer
5. Perhaps allowed to go out another time
6. Afraid that something bad would happen to the kids
7. Afraid that kids will disappear
8. Fear of bad behaviour. Staff cares about the kids.
Any helpful thoughts:
R plays soccer outside, but is actually not allowed. (Felt as usual, perhaps a bit anxious outside)
3) DRAMA with the kids:
R wanted to go out to buy snacks.
Ways for the kids to feel better:
Sotar thought: "If I went to play outside for a long period of time, the staff of KDM would be concerned, so it’s better if he plays with F to feel better."
Drama 2: Sotar, Uly, Susanne
Susanne arrived and she brought a clothes donation for children. Sotar came in and he wanted them, but he wasn’t allowed.
Non-helpful thoughts by D:
Helpful thoughts by S
- He/she wanted the clothes but the staff didn’t give any to him/her
- Staff is stingy, he/she wanted clothes but they didn't give them. Annoyed
- Annoyed, he/she thought that he/she was an adult because if they had given the clothes now, he/she wasafraid that they would have disappeared
- He/she was jealous. He/she wanted the clothes but he/she hasn’t got any yet
- Angry because the clothes he/she wanted are nice, buthe/she was not allowed to take them
- Jealous, he/she might have gotten the clothes but he/she didn’t. It wasn’t the right time
- Sotar was very annoyed. Why couldn't we get theclothes?
- I was afraid that the nice clothes wouldn’t have beengiven out. Reason: nobody gets jealous
- Care about the kids.
- Happy because he/she will get nice clothes. But also annoyed because can't have them now
- Very annoyed because he/she was not allowed to take the clothes now. Staff said that other kids would be jealous
- Sotar was upset because he couldn't go out
- Annoyed because can't go out. Reason: something bad will happen
- Upset because he/she was not allowed to go out. Theyare afraid that he/she would run away
- Annoyed. He/she ran away
- Annoyed because he/she wanted to play ball outside
- Upset. Reason: afraid he/she would have run away
- Cares about kids. Afraid something bad will happen
- Staff afraid that he/she would run away. Confused and annoyed
- Annoyed. Reason: he/she was not allowed to go out because Uly was afraid that Sotar would run away
- Annoyed and angry because he/she was not allowed to go out. He/she was afraid that something would happen
- Annoyed. Afraid ran away
- Annoyed. He/she was not allowed to go out
- SNACK TIME -
Dance on Irish theme, 8 steps:
D and most of the kids didn’t focus and they didn’t follow the instructions. Sara decided to stop the activity.
Balloon game (sitting on a balloon, half blown):
At the beginning you felt stressed because you thought that this was going to brake-blow up, body, physical reactions (sweating hands, muscles tight)
Emotion reactions (afraid, insecure).
As soon as you realize that the balloon is not going to brake you feel normal, and even playful.
The way you think influences a lot how you feel physically and emotionally, moreover, it even influences what you do.
Bouncing on balloon:
Kids who are afraid the balloon would burst:
T, S, L, I, N
- Heart beats faster
- Sweaty hands
- Wanted to hold on to something
If it felt comfortable (because already sit on balloon for awhile):
- A, D: because they were already used to it
- I: because it didn't burst
- J: because the balloon was small
- F: already good at sitting on balloon
- D: because it felt comfortable
It was the same action that we did: just sitting on the balloon.
When starting, we may be afraid, but after we get used to it, we won’t be afraid anymore. Once we're not afraid, we will start to be braver and press the balloon, because we know that it won't burst.
Glass falling activity
Ulie pretended to sleep when suddenly a strong sound (crash) was heard.
She did it twice:
- Thinking that it's a thief
- Thinking that it's a cat
The way you think influences the way you feel and the way you act.
Asked the kids to take her place and showed what theywould do.
The way you think changes what you feel and what you do
"Cara kamu, berpikir,
mengubah, apa yang
kamu rasakan dan lakukan
kamu rasakan dan lakukan"
Musica musica song
We've noticed that many times some kids are tired.