AM I EMPATHETIC?
11 Kids from kdm
Sara and Sotar, Roy, Mette, Mara, Mia
To improve the understanding of empathy and foster authenticity
Knowing our emotions (in order to be able to better know other's emotions).
- to be aware of our feelings
- to learn how thinking can change our feelings
Tools that we will need:
- seven sheets, each with the name of an emotion on it (happy, sad, angry, calm, anxious, worried, enthusiastic
- Song: The little green frog (fast, slow, loud, soft)
(Team building activity)
- de- briefing on what we did the previous day
- game: Sara plays a music and each of the kids and trainers run to the emotion they feel.
(To develop authenticity and self awareness, and check their mood)
- Roy activities on how our thinking can change our emotions, followed by discussion with the kids
(20 + 20 min)
If needed: - Octopus (or mouse and cat) game
(To release the tension)
- break -
- making the sea (following the music)
- making a flying cloud (to work on cooperation)
- running exchanging place under the parachute
- make a house
- make a drama on empathy: Sara will play some music and Sotar will tell them a Story invented by him in which they will have to act.
The Story could be a short situation in which they could have experienced empathy while living at kdm or in tue street, or a fantastic Story.
The parachute on the floor could be a house on a tree in the forest, or a boat in the era, or a safe place in the street, or a spacecraft in the space.
Mara could help playing with the kids.
- game of sharing our experience
Each of us will share what she/he felt, liked and disliked during the four workshops.
- circle of compliments
In a circle, each of us, in turn, will be told a compliment by the others.
- Musica musica song